Teeth Whitening Dentist In Ocoee, Florida
In today's world, it seems like almost everyone is striving for the perfect smile. And while there are several ways to achieve this, one of the most popular is teeth whitening. But with so many options available, how can you know which one is right for you? Teeth whitening options are generally divided into two categories -- in-office teeth whitening and at-home care. In-office-based teeth whitening is done by a dentist and requires several office visits. The customized solution used during in-office whitening will be the most effective as it is specifically formulated for your teeth. In addition, whitening with a dentist can produce more dramatic results than doing it at home or going to a spa. On the other hand, teeth whitening at home is useful for achieving a noticeable color difference but must be used with caution. The effects of over-the-counter treatments are usually temporary, and you must take care not to damage your tooth enamel.
What is Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening, also known as tooth bleaching or dental bleaching, is a common cosmetic dental procedure used to make yellow-hued teeth appear whiter. Teeth whitening has become very popular in the past decade due to increased television and radio advertisements for over-the-counter teeth whitening kits.
In-Office Tooth Whitening
In-office tooth whitening is a bleaching technique that allows for immediate results without the need to wear trays, as with at-home whitening. In-office treatments can be as simple as half an hour and produce lead to significantly brighter teeth. Peroxide is applied directly on your teeth using a tray or brush, depending on which form of the treatment you select. Concentrated hydrogen peroxide is used to bleach your teeth after a light has been shined onto them. This light activates the peroxide, allowing it to penetrate the enamel. Sometimes sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) is added to increase penetration and speed up bleaching time. Also, heat may be applied via special lights to provide increased blood flow and accelerate the bleaching process.
At-Home Teeth Whitening Options
- Tooth whitening toothpaste and gels: Tooth whitening toothpaste and gels can be helpful for removing surface stains, giving you shinier, whiter teeth. However, they aren't actually strong enough to lift out deeper stains or get your teeth really white.
- Tooth whitening strips: Teeth whitening strips are thin pieces of plastic-like material that you stick to the surface of your teeth. For most people, this type of at-home treatment doesn't work any better than using a normal toothpaste made with fluoride.
- Tray-based teeth bleaching systems: Tray-based systems are custom-made mouthguards that fit over your teeth. The tray-based system is worn for several hours when you're at home. Why Would You Get Teeth Whitening Treatment? The simplest, cheapest, and most common way to achieve a shiny white smile is with teeth whitening. However, it can be a little daunting thinking of the possible side effects of it. What are the benefits of teeth whitening?
- A brighter smile: Teeth whitening helps you get a bright smile by removing stains on your teeth that make them look dull and unattractive.
- It’s safe: Although there are many scary stories online about how dangerous teeth whitening can be, these have been proven to be untrue or completely false.
- It’s affordable: Teeth whitening is one of the most affordable cosmetic dental procedures out there, making it a great investment.
- Improve your self-esteem: If your self-esteem is low because of the color of your teeth, it's time to take action! Studies have shown that many people who improve their smile through bleaching report increased confidence after doing so.
Why Choose Charming Smiles as Your Teeth Whitening Dentist In Ocoee, Florida?
Good oral hygiene is essential to the functionality of your teeth, as well as for your overall health. In fact, it has been shown that those with poor oral hygiene are more likely to contract illness than those whose brushing and flossing routines are up to par. At Charming Smiles, we want you to achieve optimal oral health, and we can help you achieve that. With our teeth whitening services, we will not only remove surface stains from your tooth enamel but also get rid of deep-seated ones as well. This means that after you leave our office, you'll have a brighter smile than ever before!
Does teeth whitening at the dentist hurt?
If you have sensitive teeth, you might experience discomfort during or after teeth whitening treatments. The keys are to know the type of treatment that would best suit your needs and to consult with your dentist about the best protocol for whitening your teeth without any sensitivity issues.
How expensive is teeth whitening at the dentist?
When it comes to professional bleaching, expect to pay anywhere from $300 to $800. If you want a bleaching kit from your dentist, expect to pay between 300 and 600 dollars.
What is teeth whitening treatment involve?
Teeth whitening is simple. Tooth whitening products contain one of two bleaches which whiten teeth by breaking stains into smaller, less concentrated pieces. It makes the colors less intense and teeth brighter.